Currently, Meijer is looking for a Product Development CAD Manager. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for managing design team projects and mentoring new team members while maintaining hands-on graphic design involvement and ensuring brand integrity across all categories.
Key responsibilities include:
* Hiring, managing and developing a team of CAD designers.
* Communicating clearly and objectively to ensure strong relationships with internal and external team members and partners, i.e., Li & Fung.
*Ensuring the flow of on-time quality artworks, as requested by Product Development Managers; fusing a design team of vision and entrepreneurship with each team member taking ownership of specific assigned projects.
* Instilling creativeness in others and receiving new ideas openly; giving and receiving constructive criticism in a positive manner and demonstrating a “can-do” approach at all times.
* Ensuring that design team adheres to current CAD standard procedures for file naming, directory structure, archiving, color matching, and submission to Product Development Team.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
* Bachelor’s degree.
* 5-10 years of experience in design.
* In-depth knowledge of CAD systems used at Meijer: Illustrator, Photoshop, Generation Digital. Must understand the applications and limitations of these systems and how they impact desired result.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* People management experience preferred.
Send your resume to:
Please reference Job Title in the subject line of your message (280)